Most of the works in our catalogue are available for purchase. Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested in buying sheet music from the CMC:
- The CMC acts as the exclusive sales agent for print music by its Associate Composers. It also acts as a reseller for select titles from other publishers. All of the print music available from CMC can be found under Sheet Music.
- Scores are available on a mail-order, print-on-demand basis from our locations in Toronto and Montreal. Our scores are reproduced with the performer in mind - we scan and clean the composer's master, then print it on thick, custom-size paper. We use durable covers, and metal coil bindings that are silent and lay flat on a music stand.
- For works with less than ten performers, instrumental parts are available for purchase. For works with five or fewer performers, you also have the option to borrow the parts from the CMC Library at no cost. However, for professional performance, we ask that these instrumental parts be purchased.
- For works with ten or more performers, instrumental parts are available on a rental basis only with the exception of band music. In this case, instrumental parts may also be purchased.
- For choral works that are to be performed, we sell a single copy of the score at full price along with a Reproduction Agreement. This agreement permits reproduction of a set number of copies for the choir, at a greatly-reduced price per voice. The choir assumes all reproduction costs, and may keep all materials for future performances.
Our score and part prices vary according to page count, paper size, and binding. As a non-profit organization, our prices reflect the cost of reproduction plus a royalty for the composer. As a result, we’re unable to extend any discounts to retailers on small orders. For larger orders, please contact us.
- The CMC acts as the exclusive rental agent for print music by its Associate Composers. All of the print music available from CMC can be found under Sheet Music.
- For works with ten or more performers, instrumental parts are available on a rental basis only with the exception of band music. In this case, instrumental parts may also be purchased. To purchase band music, or parts for works with less than ten performers, please see Sales.
- Our typical rental period is three months. We’ll provide you with materials two months in advance of the performance. Just let us know if a longer rental period is needed.
- For choral music, please see Sales.
We calculate our rental fees on a per-minute, per-performance basis, in one of three performance categories:
- Community / Educational
For multiple performances of a work within a three-month period, we offer the following discounts:
- 25% off 2nd performance
- 50% off 3rd and each subsequent performance
For educational concerts, we charge on a per-day basis, so you may perform a work more than once per day without incurring a charge for each performance.
How to Get a Price Quote
We’d be happy to provide you with a quote on any works you might be interested in. Either submit your rental request online through My Requests, or contact us directly for a price quote.
For North American customers: our orders are typically sent by regular mail, however, we can also ship by ground or overnight courier upon request.
For international customers: various shipping options are available depending on your destination country.
Please note you’ll be responsible for any shipping costs.
The CMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Bank transfer (additional charges apply)
- International money order
If you’re a Canadian business or institution, you may be eligible for credit from the CMC.
If you’re an international customer, you must pay upfront, prior to shipment. International orders are tax-exempt.
Please note that we reserve the right to request payment prior to shipment.
Find out more
If you have any questions about purchasing or renting print music from the CMC, please contact us:
Canadian Music Centre
20 St. Joseph Street
Tel: 416-961-6601 ext. 104
Centre de musique canadienne
1085, Côte du Beaver Hall, suite 200